Here is the outside edge (periphery) of our local supermarket:
Here's the interior (center) of the same supermarket:
Can you see the difference?
I have in my search for healthier food for my children come to the view that you need routines and habits to work for you, otherwise you cannot possibly serve food for your family, but every now and then (naybe with increasing frequency) you need inspiration and motivation to discover something new, be it an ingredient or cooking skill or recipe without which it is no fun. Lately I discovered a whole new source of inspiration from blogs and tweets.
- I love 101 Cookbooks for new grains and vegetables.
- I read Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Small Bites, Dr. Susan Rubin, and Food Politics for concerns about nutrients.
- I read Fooducate religiously about how to replace food.
- I read Food With Kid Appeal, a blog by Jenna, a recovering picky eater. Although I have never been a picky eater myself I like her no-nonsense approach, it is very practical and adaoptable.
- I love the What's Cooking blog and DOOF.
- Good Life Eats
- A Little Yum
- One Hungry Mama
- Cheap Healthy Good
- Super Healthy Kids
- Chickin Feed
- Mojo Mom
- Real Mom Nutrition