Shopping Under Budget
Well, convenience food is not as convenient as it's made out to be, but getting the shopping and cooking to come in under budget is an issue I struggle with. I shop in 4-5 different places, looking for ways to find bargains, but there is a trade-off in giving my time to drive to the different shops. Here are a few things I found helpful:
- My Fresh From The Farm box delivery is actually a really good deal, even if I account for an item in the box every time which I do not use or like.
- Laptop lunchboxes allow me to not buy plastic bags for the sandwich and snacks plus boxed juices are replaced by home-made lemonade or vanilla milk in their container.
- The Simple Dollar: I got the make-your-own-convenience-food idea from Trent as well as some good grocery shopping rules, and the link to ...
- ThreeDollarDinner.com: I really like his thinking, how he separates what the mainstream conversation about healthy food is and what good quality cheap food is.
- Another good one is: MoneySavingMom.com